Happy Friday Deer Runners!
We have exciting news…Camp Deer Run 2020 is ON! The Board of Directors met Wednesday night to discuss the most recent information about COVID-19, the government’s recommendations for summer camps, and the feasibility of opening Camp Deer Run this summer. We’re happy to announce that the Board has voted to confirm the new camp schedule that begins on June 21!
In case you missed it, the new schedule for the summer of 2020 is as follows:
June 21 – June 26: Campers originally registered for 3rd Session
June 28 – July 3: Campers originally registered for 4th Session
July 5 – July 10: Campers originally registered for 1st Session
July 12 – July 17: Campers originally registered for 5th Session
July 19 – July 24: Campers originally registered for 2nd Session
July 26 – July 31: Campers originally registered for 6th Session
As we have mentioned before, if your camper was registered for 1st or 2nd session and the rescheduled dates won’t work for your family, please email us at email@example.com and we will try to find a place for your campers in another session. We will do our best, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a transfer to your preferred session.
There will be more details to follow next Wednesday regarding our adjusted camp program, our health and safety plan, as well as updated protocols and procedures for the summer.
Our goal is to be as thorough and transparent as possible so that you, as parents and guardians, have all of the information you will need to make the decision about sending your kids to camp. Ultimately, this is a personal decision for every family. We are happy to honor your decision however we can.
God has answered our prayers in a mighty way this summer. We are so excited for the blessing and opportunity to have camp this summer. Thank you to everyone who joined us in prayer over this situation. We believe that prayer is powerful and that God has worked through all of you. We ask that you would continue to be in prayer over this summer at Camp Deer Run. Stay tuned to your email for more details and updates as they become available. Stay safe, and Hail Dear Ol’ Deer Run!
Deer Run Family,
After much prayer and consideration, the Camp Deer Run Board of Directors has come to a decision about the summer of 2020 in light of the most recent information and current predictions regarding COVID-19. We will be adjusting our summer program to 6 one-week sessions beginning June 21 in an effort to provide the Deer Run experience to all 1,200 of our registered overnight campers. We recognize that this is a fluid situation, and these plans are subject to change as new information becomes available. If Camp is able to proceed, this will be our plan. A decision will be made as to whether we can implement this plan by June 1.
The schedule has been created to allow as many campers as possible to go to Camp during their currently planned time frame. Dates for the new sessions are as follows:
June 21 – June 26: Campers currently registered for 3rd Session
June 28 – July 3: Campers currently registered for 4th Session
July 5 – July 10: Campers currently registered for 1st Session
July 12 – July 17: Campers currently registered for 5th Session
July 19 – July 24: Campers currently registered for 2nd Session
July 26 – July 31: Campers currently registered for 6th Session
We understand that there may be scheduling conflicts for our 1st and 2nd session campers who have been rescheduled. If you have a scheduling conflict with your new session, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to reschedule your camper to a different session, but we cannot guarantee a spot in your preferred week.
Cancellations and Refunds:
If you need to cancel your camper’s registration for any reason, please email us at email@example.com. At that time, you may request a full refund of your camper’s tuition, including the $100 deposit paid upon registration. We would ask that you also consider helping Camp Deer Run in this difficult financial situation by converting all or part of your camper’s tuition to a tax-deductible donation in lieu of a refund. If you would like to donate your payment, simply mention it in your cancellation email, including the amount of your donation, and we will take care of the rest.
Payment Due-Dates and Pricing Adjustments:
We recognize that many one-week campers still have outstanding payments due, and our two-week campers will need an adjustment to their tuition payments. To keep this email concise and to prevent confusion, we will send a separate email next week addressing this information specifically.
Health and Safety Plan:
We are diligently preparing for the summer in order to promote the health and safety of every camper, staff member, and family. To read more about the specific steps we are taking to provide a safe environment this summer, please visit www.campdeerrun.com/covid19. We will continually work to enhance and refine these plans as we approach the summer.
We want to thank you for your patience and your unwavering support during this difficult time. The encouragement that we have received from the Deer Run family throughout this period of uncertainty has been a blessing to all of us at Camp Deer Run, and we know that we could not make it through this without all of you.
The reality is that, as for many other businesses and families, this is going to cause a significant financial challenge for Camp Deer Run. In a normal year, our camper fees make up roughly 60% of our operating budget. These unprecedented changes in our summer program are a major detriment to our largest source of income. We humbly ask for your help in two ways: Please join us in continued prayer over the summer and the mission of Camp Deer Run, and if you are able, please consider making a donation to help Camp Deer Run weather this storm. Donations can be made at www.campdeerrun.com/donate.
Stay safe and Hail Dear Ol’ Deer Run!
PeeWee Update 5/8/2020
Deer Run Family,
It is with a heavy heart that I am writing to inform you that in light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Board of Directors and Camp Deer Run’s leadership staff have made the difficult decision to cancel our 2020 Pee Wee day camp program. Based on the most current information available, and our unwavering commitment to protecting our campers’ health and safety, we believe that this is the best course of action.
Before we go into further details, we want to tell you all that we love you, we are grateful for your support, and we will miss having you all at camp this summer. It’s hard to even imagine a summer without the sound of our “mighty, mighty Pee Wees” making their way around Camp. Our Pee Wee program is a special part of Camp and we can’t wait to see all of you again in 2021.
As you can imagine, this is very challenging financial situation for Camp Deer Run. Cancelling our day camp sessions eliminates a significant portion of our income for the entire year. However, we also recognize that your family may be facing some very similar challenges. As such, we are providing the following options in regards to the payments you have already made toward your camper’s tuition:
- Request a Refund: We are offering refunds for all camper fees. Refunds will be made as quickly as we are able and will be processed in the order of your camper’s session. To request a refund, simply send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org including the names of your campers before June 1.
- Donate Your Camper Fees: Please consider helping Camp Deer Run weather this storm by donating your camper fees. To do so, no further action will be required on your part. We will convert your payments to a charitable donation that will then be tax deductible. If a refund is not requested before June 1, all non-refunded payments will be considered a charitable donation.
We are praying for you all, and we can’t wait for the day that we can all be back together again in the pines. Until then, stay safe, and Hail Dear Ol’ Deer Run!
The Board of Directors met last night, April 30 to discuss the most current information about COVID-19 and how it will affect the program and schedule at Camp Deer Run this summer. The Board has decided to hold off on making a decision for one more week as more information is becoming available. The Board of Directors will be meeting again on Thursday, May 7 to continue discussing new information and make important decisions about the summer and its schedule. Please join us in praying over these meetings and the decisions being made. Thank you for your patience and for your continued support of Camp Deer Run.
We are continuing to monitor CDC and government recommendations and communicate closely with local health officials. We will make the important decisions about our summer program as soon as we have sufficient information to do so. The Board of Directors will be considering every option, and ask that you join them in prayer at this time over the decisions they will be making in the coming weeks. Due to the uncertainty about the summer, the May 1st payment deadline will be postponed until further notice. Until we know more, we are postponing the final payment due date for all camper fees. If any changes are made to our summer program, you will be notified promptly about any new payment or refund information.
At this time, we don’t have enough information to make any definitive decisions on our summer program. We are getting ready for Camp as scheduled with several extra measures in place to keep everyone safe and healthy. Our priority is always to provide the safest environment possible for our campers, so we will be watching for updates to CDC and Government guidelines in the coming weeks to make decisions on how to best do that. As soon as we have more information, we will communicate it as quickly as possible. Until then, please click here for our health and safety plan for this summer.
Deer Run Family,
In light of the COVID-19 situation, we want to give you an update on the status of operations at Camp Deer Run.
All planned retreats and events through the end of April have been canceled. Camp Deer Run will continue to closely follow all CDC guidelines as well as state and local regulations in determining the status of any retreats scheduled for May, and then for the summer of 2020.
As of now, we believe that our summer program will proceed as scheduled.
We are aware that this is a rapidly changing situation, and we will continue to adapt as necessary. Our priority during this time is to first protect the health and safety of all of our campers, staff, and family members, and second, to maintain an open line of communication with the entire Deer Run Family about our response to COVID-19. We will post all updates to www.campdeerrun.com/COVID19
As we continue to receive more information closer to the summer, the Board of Directors will prayerfully consider every option and come to a decision together about how to proceed in everyone’s best interest. All registered camper families will be notified as soon as any new decisions are made. Until then, we will be preparing for our usual camp program with several added preventative measures to create as clean and safe of an environment as possible to prevent any contraction or spread of COVID-19 at Camp Deer Run. For more information on these plans, please visit www.campdeerrun.com/
Finally, we ask that you would all join us in earnest prayer for relief from this pandemic. We pray that God will provide protection for all of our campers, staff, alumni, and families and that we would all be able to enjoy this summer at Camp.
Thank you all for your continued support of Camp Deer Run. It is with great faith in our sovereign Father and with unconditional trust in his provision that we look forward to seeing you all this summer.
“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.”
2 Thessalonians 3:16